Stupid Image Host. Archives have broken links.
2003-02-25 - 1:59 p.m.
Last night before bed, Chloe was helping me with laundry and she grabbed the bleach from the shelf, and she knows she's not supposed to touch those things, so I said in a harsh serious tone "NO!!" and she got scared and dropped it, and in Hungary they don't have child-proofed caps I guess, and the bottle lid popped off, and bleach splashed up straight into her eyes.
I threw her into the shower, Barbie Nigh-nigh dress and all, flushing her eyes out with the spigot, cold water, screaming, thrashing, crying:
"Make it stop Daddy it hurts ,no more water, I can do it, make it stop"
Towels, soaked in water, eye rinse, more water, towels, naked in her big pink towel, wrapped up on the couch:
"I hate it-I hate it-Ihate it-Ihateit-IhateitIhateitihateitihateitihateit"
Not even crying, just engulfed in pain.
I held her a half hour, till the swelling subsided and she could see out of both eyes.
Called Marie, she checked on the web for how to handle bleach burns, symptoms, things I should do, and I did all right. She's okay today.
I still feel awful.